In the 2007 Will Ferrell comedy “Step Brothers” there was a scene depicting a business event called the Catalina Wine Mixer. The movie nailed the absurdity of people deep inside a corporate culture giving a silly marketing event religious status. Seeing that there was going to be a real Catalina Wine Mixer was a mix […]
- If you don’t like the Fucking Catalina Wine Mixer — you’re fucked
- Our Greatest National Holiday — VODKA DAY YAY!
- Three days of fressing at The Taste! So why can’t I zip up my pants?
- Booze Sales Soar After Weed Legalization Contrary to Industry Fears
- Apparently drinking semen is a big deal in New Zealand
“Beer, it’s the new yoga pant. Wednesday, it’s the new Friday.” Strange bed partners. Or are they? Canadian yoga giant, Lululemon is getting into the beer business producing a run of 80,000 cans call Curiosity Lager in collaboration with Stanley Park Brewing in Vancouver. They’re producing it for the Seawheeze half marathon on August 15. Seems like a targeted business […]
- Yup, Lululemon’s makin’ beer to go with downward facing dog!
- You can go home again. Pabst to brew beer again in Milwaukee
- YAY! Craft Beer on Tap for California Farmers Markets
- Duff Beer! The beer you’ve been waiting for eventually coming to a store near you.
- Kudos to this Chicago brewery! Ethics Trump & Trump Dumped
An Oakland-based nonprofit is offering the Wine Soul Train, a daylong tour of Black- and Latino-owned wineries in Napa and Sonoma. The initial tour will take place on Saturday, September 26, with a tour bus that seats 35 people departing from Miss Ollie’s restaurant (901 Washington St., Oakland) at 10 a.m. If the Wine Soul […]
Getting ahead of the game, Japanese booze behemoth Suntory Holdings is sending six samples of its kickass whisky and other alcoholic beverages to the International Space Station in August. Suntory is sending up the samples for a year as it wants to check out how these samples age in zero gravity. Then, back at home assuming […]
Maker of Remy Martin cognac and Cointreau liqueur also hands investors 20% dividend increase. Remy Cointreau has posted higher-than-expected annual profit, despite a difficult year in China, saying it will accelerate a drive to sell higher-priced spirits to boost profit margins, sending its shares up to 8 per cent higher. The maker of Remy Martin […]
When the days grow shorter and the air gets crisp, it’s time to gather with friends for hot drinks and winter cocktails that’ll put a rosy glow on your chilly cheeks. In Winter Cocktails, María del Mar Sacasa and Tara Striano share more than 50 recipes for cold-weather cocktails and mixed beverages, including mulled ciders, hot toddies, wine drinks, […]
- Winter Cocktails: Recipes For Those Chilly Winter Days
- Whiskey Women: Story Of How Women Saved Bourbon, Scotch & Irish Whisky
- Your beer and wine home life just got easier
- ‘The Audacity of Hops’: The Craft Beer Revolution One Sip At A Time
- Cool book ‘The Drunken Botanist’ Takes A Garden Tour Of The Liquor Cabinet
Gin! A Botanical Mystery Tou LOS ANGELES, CA, September 22, 2015—Join The Museum of the American Cocktail (MOTAC) for “Gin! A Botanical Mystery Tour,” featuring Jared Brown, Master Distiller at Sipsmith Independent Spirits in London. Jared, a MOTAC co-founder, will lead participants on an historical and global tour of gins, including London Dry, New World, and […]