Tax relief may be on the way for alcohol producers both large and small. Two tax breaks for brewers are vying for the spotlight on Capitol Hill, while a third piece of legislation would grant earlier tax deductions to distillers of aged spirits. All three pieces of legislation signal a willingness on the part of […]
Texans consumed over 43 million gallons of beer last month, averaging out to roughly 1.57 gallons of brew per person and bringing in nearly $8.7 million in tax collections for the state. Each month, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission releases the total gallons of distilled spirits, wine, beer and ale sold throughout the month, breaking […]
Is your wine vegan? It seems like an odd question: wine is made of grapes, grapes fall solidly under the “not an animal product” label, therefore it would seem that wine is a vegan-friendly beverage. However, many people who adhere to a vegan diet refrain from consuming any food or drink that is processed using […]
Despite the market split, the Tequila category is on the cusp of its own boomtime. But, the positioning of the mixto sector compared to 100% agave carries echoes of Scotch whisky past-tendency to hype single malts to the expense of blends. And now, Scotch volumes are suffering. Will Tequila make the same mistake? Richard Woodard […]
Don Draper might be finishing his last cocktail this spring on “Mad Men,” but there’s still plenty of men in high-end suits ordering drinks. People with more education and higher socioeconomic status — generally white men — tend to drink more than others, according to a new study by the Organization of Economic Co-operation and […]
When the days grow shorter and the air gets crisp, it’s time to gather with friends for hot drinks and winter cocktails that’ll put a rosy glow on your chilly cheeks. In Winter Cocktails, María del Mar Sacasa and Tara Striano share more than 50 recipes for cold-weather cocktails and mixed beverages, including mulled ciders, hot toddies, wine drinks, […]
- Winter Cocktails: Recipes For Those Chilly Winter Days
- Whiskey Women: Story Of How Women Saved Bourbon, Scotch & Irish Whisky
- Your beer and wine home life just got easier
- ‘The Audacity of Hops’: The Craft Beer Revolution One Sip At A Time
- Cool book ‘The Drunken Botanist’ Takes A Garden Tour Of The Liquor Cabinet
Beginning May 6, 2015, bartenders from some of Los Angeles’ most notable bars, restaurants, and lounges will ready their shakers, stirrers, and jiggers for the third annual May Mix-Off, taking place at The Mixing Room at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE every Wednesday throughout May from 7-9 p.m. Free to the public and featuring […]
- Justin Beiber’s manager Scooter Braun gets it on with his own Vodka Party
- Super Fun Mixology Competition Ahead Go! Watch! Drink!
- Bottlerock 2015 — it keeps getting better and better and better
- Do you love pig? Then COCHON555 is for you. Tomorrow.
- Latin Food Fest Hosts Annual Culinary Classic! Be there!