Yup, a new study from Oxford University – where would we be without ‘studies’ to validate our deepest desires? – found that if you hang out at your local Cheers, you’ll be happier and have a kickass social life. It’ll also put the brakes on your binge drinking. Cause, you know, friends don’t let friends binge […]
Hold onto that beer! Research done by Jianguo Fang and colleagues of Lanzhou University show that a compound in hops, xanthohumol, protects neuronal brain cells and slows down the development of brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and other neurodegenerative diseases. The compound potentially can prevent or slow down oxidative damage to neuronal cells. While beer […]
- Here’s how beer can prevent Dementia & Parkinson’s
- Yup, Lululemon’s makin’ beer to go with downward facing dog!
- You can go home again. Pabst to brew beer again in Milwaukee
- YAY! Craft Beer on Tap for California Farmers Markets
- Duff Beer! The beer you’ve been waiting for eventually coming to a store near you.
The Grands Crus de Bordeaux wine tasting of the 2013 vintage rolled into the Fairmont Miramar hotel and, even though the 2013 vintage got a bad rap, the place was packed. There were over 70 Châteaux pouring and that, dear reader, is daunting for this wino who swallows and doesn’t spit, which I find disgusting […]
- Sublime, Magical Sauternes. Sadly Underappreciated. Fix that!
- We love this guy so he’s excused for launching another celebrity wine
- Yes, wine made intentionally to add ice. Thank you, Diane Keaton
- Up for a tour of Black & Latino-owned wineries in Napa & Sonoma?
- Stars of Pinot 2015 Wine Tasting Coming Up 8/19
Ok, so Jim Murray, of Whisky Bible fame, released his 13th annual guide in November and, believe me, we were all surprised by his pick for this year’s top dog: 90-proof Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye! While I’m a proud Canadian, Crown Royal isn’t the first rye that comes to mind when you’re looking for […]
Maker of Remy Martin cognac and Cointreau liqueur also hands investors 20% dividend increase. Remy Cointreau has posted higher-than-expected annual profit, despite a difficult year in China, saying it will accelerate a drive to sell higher-priced spirits to boost profit margins, sending its shares up to 8 per cent higher. The maker of Remy Martin […]
When the days grow shorter and the air gets crisp, it’s time to gather with friends for hot drinks and winter cocktails that’ll put a rosy glow on your chilly cheeks. In Winter Cocktails, María del Mar Sacasa and Tara Striano share more than 50 recipes for cold-weather cocktails and mixed beverages, including mulled ciders, hot toddies, wine drinks, […]
- Winter Cocktails: Recipes For Those Chilly Winter Days
- Whiskey Women: Story Of How Women Saved Bourbon, Scotch & Irish Whisky
- Your beer and wine home life just got easier
- ‘The Audacity of Hops’: The Craft Beer Revolution One Sip At A Time
- Cool book ‘The Drunken Botanist’ Takes A Garden Tour Of The Liquor Cabinet
¡Latin Food Fest!, the fourth annual Latin food, wine and spirits fete, hits in 2016, Los Angeles March 18 to 21, San Diego August 12 to 15 and New York November 11 to 14. Last year’s festival drew over 20,000 attendees and the signature event, Grande Tasting, features an impressive who’s who of mixologists, mezcaliers […]