Royal Wedding By The Numbers: 100 Million Pints Of Beer
on 25/04/11 at 11:55 amBeer
As we’ve previously reported, the price tag for the big day is estimated at $34 million.
But here are some other astounding figures, according to ABC News.
- 100 million pints of beer are expected to be served in Brit pubs.
- 5000 sequences of bells will ring out in celebration.
- 1700 biscuits will be used to make Williams favorite childhood biscuit cake to be served at the luncheon reception.
- 5000 police officers protect the royals, their guests and the crowds.
- 187 groomed horses will march the bridal procession.
- 35 bomb-sniffing dogs will check guests at the wedding.
- 1 million people will travel to London to watch the royal parade.
- 5,500 street parties will be held throughout the UK.
- 28,000 wilting tulips that bloomed too early in the front gardens of Buckingham palace to be cut down and thrown away.