Only in Florida! Woman gulps Champagne, swallows diamond

on 29/04/13 at 8:36 am

Booze News

imagesA woman in Florida suffered an embarrassment after she accidentally swallowed a one-carat diamond, which had been placed in a flute of Champagne.

The charity event was held by the Tampa Women’s Club, where customers were offered a US$20 glass of Champagne, with a chance of winning the $5,000 diamond. A stone was put into each of the 400 glasses on offer at the event, but only one was real.

The problems started when Miriam Tucker, 80, accidentally swallowed her stone, which happened to be the real diamond.

FULL STORY