on 19/01/12 at 7:02 pmBooze News
Click on Event Name to read the description:
- Registration and Cabaret St. Germain Welcome Cocktails
- Hollywood North Official Party presented by William Grant & Sons and PMA Canada
- Coffee Bar presented by Amarula Cream, Frangelico, Irish Mist and Tullamore Dew
- Meet the Maker Tasting Presented by American Distilling Institute and Legacy Liquor Stores
- 7 Tasting Rooms
- Hendrick’s Monday Soiree
- Coffee Bar presented by Amarula Cream, Frangelico, Irish Mist and Tullamore Dew
- Your choice of 3 Seminars
- Born to Mix with Dushan Zaric
- Punch and Beyond: Colonial American Drinks with Wayne Curtis
- Bitter Not Twisted with Jacob Briars
- Tequila Evolved with Eric Lorenz, Charlotte Voisey and Iván Saldaña
- Less is More – Alcoholic Dilution with Audrey Saunders and Harold McGee
- Rum for All Face Off with Paul Pacult and Sean Ludford
- Bitter Bash: The Official Closing Party of Tales of the Cocktail on Tour Vancouver presented by Skyy Spirits
- Bartenders’ Brunch presented by Mott’s Clamato
- Farewell Vancouver, Hello New Orleans Lunch presented by Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Fireball Whisky and Jazzmen Rice
Each CPBA registration will include:
- All the above seminars and events + CPBA Welcome Event on Sunday
*Events not included in Registration:
- Spirited Dinner Series – Make reservations directly with the restaurant
- BC Bar Crawl - Complimentary event!
BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOM NOW!
Book Your Hotel Room at our host hotel The Fairmont Pacific Rim
1038 Canada Place
Vancouver, BC V6C 0B9
RATE: $199.00 per night
APPLY TO BE A 2012 COCKTAIL APPRENTICE
For ten years we’ve been bringing cocktail lovers from around the world to New Orleans for Tales of the Cocktail! In 2008, Tales of the Cocktail along with US bartenders Don Lee and John Deragon, developed the Cocktail Apprentice Program for exceptional bartenders who wished to support their colleagues and mentors as they presented to the world cocktail community their most intriguing and influential ideas.
The program has been very successful and the management team was expanded over the years to include Jeff Grdinich, Eric Simpkins, Mike Ryan & Leo Robitschek with over 50 Apprentices.
Cointreau Liqueur, the legendary French spirit established in 1849, is proud to once again partner with Tales of the Cocktail for their annual Cocktail Apprentice Program (CAP).
A pioneer in the world of libations, Cointreau has been a staple for bartenders since its creation, and is one of the few specific brands called for by name in historic bartender manuals such as Harry’s ABC of Mixing Cocktails, The Fine Art of Mixing Drinks and the Savoy Cocktail Book. “Given Cointreau’s early relationship with bartenders, the brand has always prided itself on being a spirit that furthers this industry, despite being created over 160 years ago. Cointreau’s objective is to support bartenders as they grow and become further established in their craft.
The Cocktail Apprentice team will focus on working directly with the seminar presenters from the batching to being part of the seminar where the Apprentices themselves will execute the drinks. Thanks to the continued efforts and love of the program from many of the past Apprentices, several of the alumni Apprentice Team will join us again and even run varies portions of the events.
KICK OFF NEXT WEDNESDAY
Countdown to 10th Anniversary Tales of the Cocktail® Kicks Off at the Newly Renovated Carousel Bar and Lounge
Media and cocktail lovers are invited to the grand re-opening of the Carousel Bar for a preview of what’s in store at Tales of the Cocktail® 2012.
Tales of the Cocktail®, Hotel Monteleone, members of the media and cocktail enthusiasts.
A joint event with Tales of the Cocktail® and the Hotel Monteleone to officially kick off the six-month countdown to the 10th Anniversary Tales of the Cocktail® and unveil the newly renovated and expanded Carousel Bar and Lounge.
This special event will include:
- Carousel Bar and Lounge grand reopening and auction of memorabilia
- Tales of the Cocktail® 2012 countdown event with a sneak peak of spirited events and special unveilings for the festival’s historic 10th Anniversary
- Preview of the official 2012 poster by artist Robert Rodriguez
- A look at the cocktail festival’s first book, Tales the Cocktail from A to Z
- Display of the world record centerpiece, A Million Greetings From New Orleans, by bead artist Stephán Wanger
- The unveiling of Tales of the Cocktail and Fleurty Girl’s newest Cocktail Collection t-shirt celebrating the Old Fashioned
- Complimentary Old Fashioneds featuring Benchmark Bourbon and Luxardo Cherries prepared by the Carousel Bar’s renowned bartending team
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
1:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Carousel Bar and Lounge Grand Reopening
2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Countdown to Tales of the Cocktail
3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Performance by Robin Barnes
Carousel Bar and Lounge
214 Royal Street
Over the past decade, Tales of the Cocktail® has only gotten better with age. Now, just six months from its 10th Anniversary, Tales of the Cocktail® is ready to get the party started a little early at Countdown to Tales. This one-of-a-kind media event will give a sneak peak of the spirited events that will make this the biggest and best Tales of the Cocktail yet. Additionally, the Hotel Monteleone will celebrate the reopening of the famous Carousel Bar and Lounge.
Do you have the spirit?
Apply for our sought after internships!
If you want an unparalleled, hands-on experience putting together “the premier cocktail event in the world”, as stated by the Wall Street Journal, then apply today!
Sponsorship & Sales
APPLY FOR 2012 TALES OF THE COCKTAIL NEW ORLEANS MEDIA CREDENTIALS
Thank you for your interest in Tales of the Cocktail® 2012. Whether you are a previous media attendee or a new applicant we welcome you. Please see below for the benefits of being credentialed media at Tales of the Cocktail® 2012.
Media Benefits Provided by Tales of the Cocktail®:
• One media badge valued at $3,000 for Tales of the Cocktail® 2012. The media badge includes invites to seminars, tasting rooms, VIP invitation only parties and more
• Additional event tickets and merchandise may be purchased at a 20% discount. Some restrictions apply
• Discounted hotel rates and packages at the Hotel Monteleone and other partner hotels
• Complimentary copy of the Tales of the Cocktail® 2012 E-book, featuring all recipes
• Welcome gift bag and access to the 2012 Lagniappe Lounge
• Designated area for check in at Tales of the Cocktail®
• Unlimited invitation to the Tales of the Cocktail® Media Lounge (Revival Room)
• Complimentary in room Internet if staying at the Hotel Monteleone
• Complimentary Internet in the Media Lounge (Revival Room)
• Preferred access to presenters and attendees you would like to interview
• Jump drive with key information and all releases for Tales of the Cocktail® 2012
• Complimentary use of any Tales of the Cocktail® images for post event coverage
• Opportunity to be embedded or spend quality time with various groups at Tales of the Cocktail® 2012
For more information about Media Credentials CLICK HERE
Thank you for Submitting Your Ideas for Tales of the Cocktail 2012
We are no longer taking anymore submissions. Our Presenters Committee will be review all the submissions and then selecting the 51 seminars to be presented at Tales of the Cocktail 2012.
When will I find out if my idea was accepted?
If you submitted an idea for a Seminar we will send you an email letting you know if your idea was accepted by: January 31st
If you submitted an idea for a Spirited Dinner/Lunch, Tasting Room, Media Suite Breakfast/Lunch or Apprentice Breakfast/Lunch we will be letting you know if your idea was selected by February 1st.
If you have any questions please contact Christina Sudderth at christina@talesofthecocktail.
If my idea is accepted what are the next steps?
One you receive an acceptance email you will have 48 hours to accept and confirm that you will be able to present at Tales of the Cocktail 2012.
February 10th-Deadline for you to submit your final: seminar name, description, panelists and all bios and photos.
February 15th-Presenter will receive an email with the date, time and location that your seminar will take place.
March 2nd-Presenter will receive an email with their Travel Package
March 8th-All Seminar Information will be on the Tales of the Cocktail website
March 30th-Tickets will go on sale for Tales of the Cocktail 2012
April 1st-Deadline for all Seminar Recipes to be submitted
Thank you for your submissions and see you July 25-29th 2012!