Appleton Estate ReMixology Bartender Challenge
on 07/07/11 at 4:49 pmIndustry
In a song, the chorus has the main theme and hook. Appleton Estate Reserve is the “theme and hook” in your cocktail. Build the theme, add the verses, top with a title and garnish with a picture and then explain your inspiration when submitting your cocktail recipe at: www.appletonreservemixologychallenge.com
Your goal is to create a beautifully balanced original Appleton Estate Reserve cocktail with harmony of ingredients inspired by your favorite published song.
Willy Shine, Founding Partner of Contemporary Cocktails, Inc. a world renowned beverage consultancy and host of this competition, provides the following description for your entry:
· Be a U.S. citizen that speaks fluent English
· Possess no criminal record
· Be able to present a valid passport for possible foreign travel
· Contestants must be affiliated with an on-premise account and provide a bar/restaurant/club release signed by an authorized officer of each bar/restaurant/club allowing Appleton to feature and/or mention the establishment in all communication
· Your cocktail must contain Appleton Estate Reserve Jamaica Rum as the main ingredient.
· Your cocktail must be inspired by a recognizable, published song.
· Your cocktail must have a creative name
· All ingredients should be available year-round – nothing seasonal.
· All ingredients should be obtainable – or should be able to be made from scratch – without undue difficulty or expense anywhere within the continental U.S.
· Your cocktail will be judged not only on taste and originality, but presentation, creativity and fusion of song to cocktail
Competition Closes on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8pm EST