Changing Alcoholic Drinks Needs & Behaviors of Senior Consumers
on 20/12/10 at 4:05 pmIndustry
The Seniors (50 years old +) age group is experiencing rapid growth as global populations age. This will have a fundamental impact on the center of gravity in CPG sectors. The alcohol industry has traditionally relied on young consumers, but the value of Seniors is potentially huge. This necessitates a rethink to position players “ahead of the curve” by understanding their attitudes and behaviors.
Scope of this research
* Detailed insights and analysis documenting the rise in the Senior population and how this differs on a regional basis
* In-depth and comprehensive quantitative and qualitative data covering the changing make up of populations, their attitudes and behaviors
* Detailed insights and analysis on the factors influencing Seniors’ behavior in the field of alcoholic drinks
* 19 countries covered including France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, UK, US, Russia, Australia, Japan, South Korea, China, India, Brazil
Research and analysis highlights
Tastes and attitudes are subject to a significant degree of change as consumers grow older. The rising average ages of major markets’ populations and large potential spending power makes Seniors an important demographic for the alcoholic drinks industry. However, the industry has been largely unsuccessful in targeting products at them.
While there are many similarities between Seniors and other consumers in their purchase motivations, there are some subtle differences. ‘Taste and flavor’ remains the most important choice driver for Seniors, with 67% of Early Seniors and 65% of Late Seniors citing taste as having a ‘high’ or ‘very high’ influence on their choices.
A higher proportion of Seniors than younger age groups will refrain completely from the consumption of alcoholic beverages. Much of this propensity can be attributed to heightened health concerns, as some consumers see the healthiest approach to alcohol is simply to avoid it completely.
Key reasons to purchase this research
* Gain an understanding of Seniors’ specific preferences in the field of alcoholic drinks
* Use the latest evidence based insights to launch/ reposition products so that they are positioned to capture the significant spending power of Seniors
* Access a compelling blend of quantitative and qualitative data illustrating consumer attitudes and market developments
Get more information about this report: Aging Populations Changing Alcoholic Drinks Needs And Behaviors of Senior Consumers