Whisky business! Brit distilling ultra-premium single malt in COTSWOLDS
on 28/03/14 at 11:18 amSpirits
- Daniel Szor will distil Cotswolds Single Malt in Stourton, Warwickshire
- Has imported a master distiller from Scotland and a wood consultant to help
- Was looking at the barley in his garden and thought ‘I could distill that’
- Spring water from Oxfordshire will be used to add a local touch
- Hopes to produce 120,000 bottles a year with £44.95 pricetag
- ‘To us Scotland is not intimidating, it is a road to follow,’ he says
Entrepreneur Daniel Szor, 51, plans to produce ultra-premium, small batch single malt whisky from his plant in the Cotswolds.
By 2017, visitors to the area could be enjoying a glass of Cotswolds Single Malt – for the price of £44.95 per bottle.
By then, Mr Szor aims to have his first run of 5,000 ‘single estate’ bottles ready. Yet three years before the launch, he is already taking orders of the whisky.