Tag Archives: Christchurch Hospital

• Beware in Bali. Backpacker blinded by methanol cocktail

Beware in Bali. Backpacker blinded by methanol cocktail

Emergency doctors are warning about the dangers of tainted cocktails in South-East Asia after a 19-year-old American woman was left with permanent visual impairment after consuming multiple drinks containing methanol. The backpacker drank eight to 10 complementary cocktails at two Bali bars and arrived in New Zealand 35 hours later suffering shortness of breath and […]